Monday, May 10, 2010

Strawberry Jam



Our family went to a Strawberry Patch for the first time ever which is about 11 miles from our house. We have never seen so many yummy, ripe, beautiful strawberries. After the kids picked TONS of strawberries Mom bought them each a hard ice cream cone and fed the goats. We then came home and realized we picked a TON of strawberries so Mom and Dad made 4 batches of strawberry jam. But oh they turned out so good and the kids love the JAM! We will for sure do it again!

I have to blame Kallee,Kody, and Kyle for all the strawberries by the way. We each went down a row and started picking. About 10 minutes into it they came to me and said is this enough??? They had huge buckets filled to the top. Mine was not even half full yet. I just laughed and said perfect!!!! Kamden even walked down the rows and picked the BIG HUGE RED strawberries! He only picked a few little tiny green ones!

Went we went to pay we had 17 pounds of Strawberries..... I knew I would be making lots of good JAM!

Thank goodness Dad came home from work and jumped in to help me. We were so into it we both forgot he had Young Men's at 6:30! OOOOPS!!!!!!!!!

No comments: