Mom is super excited about Primary and the new theme for the year.....The Scriptures are True!!!!! So really wanted to get all the Primary kids just as excited as she is so her and her presidency went to work. We had a blast getting ready to introduce this new theme.
For starters I made 75 Scripture Reading Charts so the kids could mark off each day they read their scriptures. At the end of the month each child will receive a sticker to put on that page. Just to keep them fired up about reading and to let teachers and us know how everyone is doing.
I laminated the front and back cover and put them all together. So far my boys are loving them and it is really helping them be excited to read.
We also puffed painted each child's name on a scripture bag and put their name on their Book of Mormon. We handed them out when we introduced the new theme in primary. We even made invitations for all parents to come join us.
I also modge pod Happy Birthday Blocks for all the Primary Kids! My secretary's husband cut me out all the blocks! Thanks Karl!
My counselor also created a theme keychain for each month. She put the theme along with the scripture for the month, and on the back a picture to go with it. We copied it off and 12 different colors of paper for each month. We laminated them all, cut them out, and punched holes into them. At the beginning of each month we will hand out the new keychain for the month.
I have the best Presidency and Secretary ever!!!! I had big hopes and dreams for our Primary and without their help I could never accomplishment it. I have been so blessed with this calling and let me tell you......These little kids have really touched my life. Along with all my presidency, teachers, activity day leaders, and scout leaders. I appreciate all their help and love. They are the best.
Primary ROCKS and its one of my favorite places to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment