Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Julian Campground NC

Mike cooking up his monster of a trout at our campground!



Look at these bones and all the meat that came off of the trout! By the way, the fish was really good. I took a couple of bites and it wasn't fishy at all. It tasted like squishy chicken. Mike loved it.

Mike getting ready to gut the fish. We are new at this and we forgot to gut it before we finished our hike. We packed them up in our pack and then we both were like oh man....we forgot to gut all the fish. But the kids were ready to go so we decided to do it at the campground. Which, probably wasn't the best thing to do but next time we will get it right. Where is my DAD when I need him??? He did all that stuff when I was a kid so I never learned and OK I really don't want to either. So good thing I have a hubby to do it!


Our great fishing hole!!!








No comments: