Palmyra Temple from the Sacred Grove
This was my most favorite and touching moment. Kallee and I were walking back from the Sacred Grove and all the sudden she goes look mom. I looked up and there was the temple. I should have taken a farther away picture because the whole mountain was nothing but green trees and then all the sudden boom there is the temple. We asked a Missionary how the temple wasn't covered up here is the story....She said when they were building it they wanted to have it be decorated in the sacred grove theme. One lady said they should make a window out of stained glass that was the sacred grove. But the prophet said there was no need for that. Just make a real window looking towards the sacred grove. So sure enough they did. But you could only see trees and not the sacred grove. Well, they decided to ask the town if they would cut down the trees around the temple. But that never happened. Just a few days later a wind storm came through and cleared a path. Still to this day they have not grown over the temple. I just love that story. So this is my most favorite picture. I would have walked right past if it wasn't for Kallee telling me to look!



No comments:
Post a Comment