Monday, June 4, 2012

Stony Brook State Park Campground

 
 
Stony Brook State Park Campground

WOW did I ever get blessed.  When I go camping I want my space away from people.  My spot I reserved online I thought would be great.  I pulled up and my eyes started watering I thought no this can't be my spot.  I have a tent less than 5 feet away where our huge tent had to be on both sides.  Then across the road was just rows and rows of super close tents and RV's.  But I said a little prayer and thought let me go to the office to see if they can switch me.  But at first she said no way we are FULL.  I did some more talking and she finally called her manager who said I could camp in the overflow camping.  WOW!!! Perfect up on a hill away from all the people.  It was the coolest spot.  We were up on the hill but the water was right below us.  We could hear it and even see it.  We had much more space and the bath house was not to far away either.  I tell you what when I went to bed that night I was thanking my Heavenly Father for helping me out.  So we stayed here for 4 nights and I thought it would be long enough.  But when it came time to pack up I didn't want to go home yet.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The coolest part of this campground was the gorge hike.  It was worth the 10 hour drive from our home and the crazy tight campground.  This is so far my all time favorite short hike.  We ended up doing maybe 4 1/2 miles but super easy?? I just can't believe how beautiful the whole hike was.  We followed along Stony Brook river.  the river was sparkling, breathtaking waterfalls and rolling pastoral land. We saw three large waterfalls that we went wading and swimming in.  But along the way the river cut through the mountain leaving small water after small waterfall.  You would also look up and see this huge tall mountain all around us.  Here we were walking through the river and swimming.  Posted by Picasa

No comments: